Sunday, April 6, 2008

Crepes- viva la france!!

this is as close to gourmet as I get

My Momma always made these for us for breakfast as a special treat. They are easy, and so friggin good, and your family will fall at your feet and cry with joy because you are such a wonderful chef. Win/Win.

Crepes:

3 eggs, beaten
1/3 t. salt
1 1/2 C. milk
2 T oil
1 1/2 C. flour
blend until smooth (a few lumps are okay, I can't get it really smooth unless I use electric beaters). Pour about a half cup of batter in a hot non-stick fry pan. Tilt pan to spread thin. Flip like pancake, stack in layers to cool.

Filling:
1/3 C. sugar
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
3/4 C. sour cream
mix together, spread in middle of crepe and roll

Top with strawberries (frozen works fine) in Danish Dessert (you can find this in the jello isle), and whipped cream (go for real whipped cream, not the stuff out of a can or tub, it's so worth it).



5 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks so good! We love crepes at our house, but mine have yet to look anything like that. Wow!

Anonymous said...

very good explain and well choise for crepes , I'll tell my mum to make it

Who is Pin Dot? said...

Laura...these look so good. My husband, Steve, is always the one to make crepes. He's addicted! I'll have to pass on this recipe to him.

Sarah said...

I made crepes in French class while I was in school and they were horrible! I'm guessing your's are a lot better because I know for sure, ours didn't look that good. And we were giped (sp?) on the whip cream.

Monica and Whitney said...

These look amazing! Can't wait to try them.

Ask the Duplex