Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Croque Monsieur

French for "Grown-Up Ham and Cheese"

Bread, I used Texas Toast
Ham
Cheese, I used Cheddar/Jack 'cause I have kids, but you can use Gruyere
Butter
Flour
Milk

Melt some butter in sauce pan
When just bubbling, add some flour to make a paste-looking substance.
Whisk until smooth
Add some milk and keep whisking for a minute or two, until pasty looking.
Remove from heat.

Take paste mixture and spread it on one side of bread.
Put cheese, ham, then more cheese, top with another slice of bread, and coat the top with more paste mixture.
Broil at 500 until brownish, then flip and broil summore.

Eat.

Sorry the measurements aren't exact. I just sorta made this up as I went, but it turned out yummy and it does feel more grown up. Sean and I loved it, and so did the kids. That never happens.

1 comment:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

This sounds yummy. I'm going to try your recipe out. If I like, I would like to post on our blog and link it back to your blog with your permission of course. Thanks.