Friday, September 21, 2007

Mama Susan's Fresh Peach Cobbler


Ingredients For Peaches:
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. cold water
4 c. sliced peaches
1 T butter
1 T lemon juice

Mix first three ingredients, add peaches and cook on med heat until thick and bubbly then remove from heat. Add butter and lemon juice. Stir until butter melts and pour into 8" baking dish.

Topper:
1 c. flour
1 T sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
1 slightly beaten egg

Mix together first 5 ingredients until you form course crumbs. In separate small bowl mix together milk and egg then add to dry ingredients until combined. Drop onto peaches then sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with cream.

This is yummy and I like to add even more peaches.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Look at you, super blogger, with pictures and everything! This looks soooo yummy! I could just eat it for lunch.

Kalli Ko said...

oh my gawsh... I've been dying for a good cobbler recipe.

I'm stopping on my way home to buy me some peaches.